ENCLOSED AUTO SHIPPING SERVICES
SHIPPING EXOTIC AND LUXURY CARS ENCLOSED / COVERED
Welcome to Diamond Express Transport, we offer several options to ship your vehicle. We ship classic, antique, exotic and luxury Cars. We have enclosed and open carriers.
First time shipping, or just want to understand the process better? Learn more about auto shipping
Definition of Enclosed Carrier / Covered Service – This is auto shipping that protects your vehicle from the elements. Shipping enclosed can protect your vehicle from weather, rocks and theft. In most cases enclosed auto transport will cost double of what it would cost to ship on an open carrier. We have experience with high-end vehicles and we give more personable service for each vehicle when shipping enclosed or covered services.
Why Ship Enclosed or Covered Service?
Whether you consider your car a collector, exotic, vintage, or a classic, enclosed auto shipping is not something you want to leave to just anyone. You want someone with the experience and reputation that will handle your car with care and personal touch. You want enclosed auto transport company that charges you the right price and delivers your car in the same condition it was when you dropped it off. We specialize in enclosed auto transport of all priceless, luxury and classic cars. Let us do the work of keeping your car safe during shipping.
Door to Door Enclosed Auto Transport
Door to door enclosed shipping costs more than terminal to terminal enclosed shipping, but you can save considerable amount of time in shipping your vehicle. The advantage of door to door transport covered service is that there’s no need to drop off or pick up your vehicle at a terminal, we pick it up for you and drop it off at the location you choose.
There are circumstances in which our trucks are unable to maneuver in certain locations, such as some apartment complexes or streets with low hanging tree branches, power lines or bridges. In these situations, our drivers will arrange to have you meet them at the nearest accessible location.
Terminal to Terminal Enclosed auto shipping
Terminal to terminal Enclosed shipping requires the customer to both drop off and pick up their car from a tow company or terminal. Enclosed carrier terminal to terminal shipping is the most affordable covered auto shipping service currently available.
Most Asked Questions About Enclosed Auto Transport
We put this section together to try and give you the answers you’re looking for quick and easy.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PREPARE MY VEHICLE FOR SHIPPING?
Remove garage door openers, EZ-pass, Sun-pass etc. and if they are going with the vehicle wrap them in the protective covers provided or in aluminum foil. You do not want to pay for our tolls.
Leave around a ¼ of a tank of gas in the vehicle.
If the vehicle is going in an enclosed transporter, please clean or wash the vehicle prior to loading. The inspection is much easier if the vehicle is clean.
Remove all of the following hazardous materials:
- Flammables (starter fluids etc.)
- Liquids (bottles of windshield fluids etc.)
- Explosives (no bullets or propane bottles etc.).
Be sure all loose items are secured and will not move around, such as your spare tire.
Be sure the vehicle starts, operates, and has functioning brakes including the emergency brake.
Be sure the tires maintain air pressure (no slow leaks).
Notice and inform us of any leaks the vehicle may have (oil leaks, water leaks etc.).
Be sure the driver’s side window is operating (the truck driver needs to have it down to load the vehicle).
DO YOU CHARGE EXTRA FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE?
No, carriers have insurance at no additional charge to you to cover your vehicle, but you need to carry your own coverage as well.
WHO PAYS THE DEDUCTIBLE ON THE INSURANCE?
The trucking company that picks up your vehicle pays the deductible if damage occurs.
DO YOU INSURE ITEMS PLACED IN THE VEHICLE?
No, this is the responsibility of the person shipping the vehicle. We do not take responsibility for items placed or left in the vehicle. Any issues with those items or any damage they cause to the vehicle are the responsibility of the person shipping the vehicle.
WHAT DOES DOOR TO DOOR SHIPPING MEAN?
We make every attempt to pick up/deliver your vehicle at your desired location. When it is determined by our truck driver that he cannot get to your door and operate safely, he will find a safe location such as a parking lot or shopping mall close by.
WHAT IF WE HAVE BAD WEATHER DURING PICK UP OR DELIVERY HOW IS THAT HANDLED?
Safety always comes first. If the conditions are not safe the truck driver will need to make other arrangements with you. We will make every effort to deliver your vehicle as safely as possible.
HOW BIG IS THE TRUCK?
The trucks range from 48 to 86 feet long and typically require 60-120 feet of clear unobstructed area to load or unload your vehicle.
HOW MANY VEHICLES CAN THE TRANSPORTER CARRY?
Depending on the combination of the vehicles between 2 to 8 vehicles.
WHEN THE VEHICLES ARE “STACKED” ARE THEY PROTECTED?
Yes, they are protected from anything dropping, spilling, or leaking from the vehicle above. The vehicles are checked frequently to prevent any damage.
CAN YOU HANDLE A VEHICLE THAT IS INOPERABLE?
We can accommodate inoperable vehicles. There is an additional fee for this service. For us to handle an “in-op” it must steer and roll at a minimum. You are responsible to get the “in-op” vehicle within 30 feet of the back of the truck and ready to be hooked onto by our winch and pulled into the trailer.
ONCE THE VEHICLE IS LOADED, WILL IT REMAIN ON THE TRUCK?
Our model of operation is to identify one truck and have them assigned to your shipment the entire way. Only in rare instances do we involve more than one truck in the shipment for your car. Diamond Express Transport along with our truck drivers take pride in each shipment.
DO YOU HAVE TERMINALS OR STORAGE YARDS?
Yes, but our way of doing business is to have a truck driver pick the vehicle up from you or a designated person at the location of origin and the same truck driver delivers it to you or the designated person at the destination.
DO YOU WORK WEEKENDS?
Yes, vehicles are being picked up and delivered almost every day primarily during daylight hours.
IF I BOOK A SHIPMENT WITH STATETOSTATEAUTOTRANSPORT.COM WHAT ARE YOUR PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES?
Your schedule is considered for each step of our process:
- The quote – we give you a range of days we are available to load and the approximate number of days it will take to ship your vehicle to the delivery location.
- The order is placed – The range of days for the pickup of the vehicle is placed on the schedule and then the truck driver is assigned.
- Truck driver assignment – The driver calls the customer and fine-tunes the pickup. He tries to take into account any issues you may have i.e. doctor’s appointments etc. He also provides his cell phone number in case you have any changes in plans, or just want to get an update of his progress.
- Day of Pick-Up – Typically the truck driver provides a courtesy call when leaving the stop prior to yours, to let you know that they are still on schedule.
- Vehicle is loaded – The truck driver calls the delivery contact to let them know the vehicle is loaded on the truck. He also gives the approximate timeframe (day or days) of delivery. He will also provide his cell phone number for follow-up communications. The communications for the delivery will follow the same process as the pickup with the truck driver. The actual appointment time will be coordinated, as we get closer to the delivery.
Typically you have at least 24-hour notice of pickup and delivery appointments.
We prefer to deliver and pickup during sunlight hours.
We try to minimize impacts to your day and/or schedule.
WHAT IF I CANNOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A DELIVERY OR PICKUP, HOW IS THAT HANDLED?
You will need to provide an alternative delivery designate. We try to avoid this by anticipating these concerns all the way back at the order placement phase of the process. We have been resourceful about alternative delivery designates such as:
Co-employee at delivery location (work site).
Dealership for your vehicle at delivery location (i.e. drop it off for service etc.).
Meet you at the airport as you arrive, if our timing is close.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COVERED CARRIER AND AN ENCLOSED CARRIER?
They are the same thing.
They are the same thing.
Please keep in mind that we pride ourselves on having an excellent communication record. We pride ourselves in our on time performance both in pickup and delivery. We have a concern for the value of your time.
We believe communication is the key to our business. We strive to keep the customer informed throughout the process.
- During the Quote – communication with Dispatch/ Sales office regular business hours EST with monitoring after hours and weekends.
- Before the Shipment – either the truck driver or the office, will contact you as early as possible prior to pickup. We strive for more than 24-hour notice and we will provide you with our truck drivers cell phone numbers.
- At Pickup – the truck driver will be in contact with you 24 hours prior to pick up via his cell phone coordinating with you.
- During the move – you have the truck drivers cell phone to allow you to contact him directly throughout the move. The truck driver will also be in contact with you letting you know the vehicle is loaded and how he is progressing with your schedule.
- Just before delivery – the driver will be in contact with you the day before and possibly when leaving the prior stop.
- After Delivery – If required (you request or we are delivering to a designate) the truck driver will call and let you know the delivery has been made.
- Booking follow-up to the shipment – Our office may follow-up with a quality control call to review your shipment.
HOW IS THE VEHICLE SECURED TO THE TRUCK?
We secure vehicles using a soft-tie system of web straps that go “over” the tires not through the wheels. This is the same system used for all high-end new vehicles. We do not use chains to tie the vehicles down.
WHAT MAKES STATE TO STATE'S SERVICE BETTER THAN OTHER CARRIERS?
Family owned business with direct involvement by the owner.
Attentive to our customer’s needs
Quality care of our customer’s vehicle
Communication with our customer
Integrity in our commitments
Quality of our personnel
Quality of our equipment
HOW IS THE PRICE DETERMINED?
Pickup and delivery locations including mileage between them
Season or time of year
Availability of equipment
Availability of space on the equipment
WILL THERE BE ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES OVER WHAT WAS QUOTED?
Inoperable or winch fees if your vehicle doesn’t run and it was quoted as being an operational vehicle. Any additional charges for services that you agreed to and were provided after the quote was given.
DO YOU NEED THE TITLE TO BE WITH VEHICLE DURING SHIPMENT?
The title is not required when shipping domestic, but may possibly be needed on international shipping.
WHAT STATES DO YOU OPERATE IN?
State To State has authority to operate in all 50 States including Hawaii. We can also ship to Canada and anywhere in the world.
HOW MUCH OF MY TIME IS NEEDED DURING THE PICKUP AND/OR THE DELIVERY?
Approximately 30 minutes of your time at origin and destination in order to perform a thorough vehicle inspection and the proper paperwork to be completed.
CAN I LEAVE THE TRUNK LOCKED?
No, the Truck driver needs to have access to all areas of the vehicle.
DOES THE VEHICLE NEED TO BE LOCKED DURING SHIPPING?
No, your vehicle will be on a secured enclosed truck.
WILL THE SECURITY SYSTEM BE A PROBLEM?
Please advise the driver of the security system and its capabilities.
HOW MANY KEYS DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
We require 1 key needed to access all areas of the vehicle.